Tuesday 31 August 2010

Cifs "mount error 11 = Resource temporarily unavailable"

When I try mounting a windows 2000/XP share with cifs I get an error about the resource not being available:

Code:

mount -t cifs //hostname/share /mnt/temp -o username=someuser,password=somepassword

mount error 11 = Resource temporarily unavailable

Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g.man mount.cifs)

Other times this works normally and mounts the samba/windows share. 
But at the time the cifs command returns "Resource temporarily unavailable" I immediately repeat the command with smbfs instead of cifs:

Code:

mount -t smbfs //hostname/share /mnt/temp -o username=someuser,password=somepassword

and it works as normal and I can browse around the filesystem!

I then immediately try the cifs line again and it gives me the same "Resource temporarily unavailable error"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What the hell is wrong with cifs? I thought it was supposed to be better than smbfs...


 

***************************OR******************************************************************************************

Greetings,

I had a similar problem with error 11 with a linux to linux share. I ran a yum update on both machines and that resolved the problem.

Hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment